January 24th, 2016
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium red or yellow tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, cut into large chunks
- 1 avocado, cut into large chunks
- ¾ cup spinach or kale, lightly packed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- ¼ seeded jalapeño (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper & sea salt to taste
- Finely chop and set aside; ¼ of the tomato, 2 cucumber chunks and 1 basil leaf for garnish.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and purée until smooth.
- Add ¼ cup water, if necessary. Taste and season with sea salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if needed.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Once chilled, top with remaining ingredients and add a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
• • • • • • • • • •
Recipe Provided By: RFRK’s Founder, Lulu Cohen-Farnell
As a real food advocate, speaker and fooducator, Lulu loves to share ideas on the magic of food, health, and physical activity. She believes in the implementation of mandatory food literacy, nutrition education, cooking classes, food gardening and mindfulness at school, as well as smarter, national food policies to protect Canadians’ health!