December 14th, 2015
Makes 15 servings
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3 tbsp sultana raisins
- ¾ cup brown rice crisps
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup canned navy beans (drained)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, process half of this mixture in a food processor.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a food processor.
- Mix all ingredients (wet and dry) in a bowl.
- Form dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut the log into 15 individual two-inch rounds (think puck size) and bake for 15 minutes or until edges turn golden.
- Cool on a rack, and then Frisbee toss them into your kids’ mouths.
Real Food Tips:
- These snacks freeze brilliantly. Double the recipe and store them for post-soccer game treats.
- Get an even bigger nutrient boost by adding walnuts, pecans, seeds, dried fruit, or shredded coconut.