December 14th, 2015
Makes 6 servings
- 500 g organic extra firm tofu, 0.5”diced
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, peeled & minced (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp thai basil, chopped
- 2 lime leaves, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dry chili flakes
- In a large pot, sauté garlic, ginger, lemongrass, lime leaves, onions, carrots, celery and red pepper in sunflower oil until onions are soft.
- Add coconut milk, salt, tofu, mint, basil, and chili flakes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
Real Food Tips:
- Get creative and try adding other vegetables in the dish. How about baby bok choy or water chestnuts?
- Serve over a bed of steamed rice.
- Make a double batch and freeze portions for extra busy nights – the rice too!