January 28th, 2016
Makes 6 servings
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 lbs white fish filet, 1” dice (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large yukon gold potato, ¾” dice with skin on
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 3½ tbsp organic cornstarch
- 2½ cup water or homemade stock
- ½ cup 35% cream (or lighter)
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of dried thyme
- pinch of dried dill
- pinch of dried or fresh parsley
- 1¼ tsp sea salt
- Blanche diced potatoes until al dente, strain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large pot and sauté onion, celery, garlic and carrots until soft.
- Add thawed or fresh fish, herbs and salt into the pot. Gently sauté with vegetables for about a minute.
- Mix cornstarch with water/stock until smooth and add mixture to the pot.
- Add blanched potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer (don’t boil) again, and then you’re done!
Real Food Tips:
- Serve with warm garlic bread, flax crackers or make a bread bowl!
- Try adding nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour.