June 28th, 2017
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tbsp miso
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 stalks scallions, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup cold pressed sunflower or coconut oil
- 2 cups freshly cooked & pureed pumpkin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tahini (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Mix miso and 3 tbsp water in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pot, sauté scallions, onions & ginger in oil.
- Transfer to a blender and combine with pumpkin, tahini & coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Return to soup pot and add in 1-cup of water.
- Heat over medium-low for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the miso mixture, sprinkle black sesame seeds and enjoy!
Real Food Tips:
- Double this recipe to make a large batch – eat half, freeze half!
• • • • • • • • • •
Recipe Provided By: RFRK’s Founder, Lulu Cohen-Farnell
As a real food advocate, speaker and fooducator, Lulu loves to share ideas on the magic of food, health, and physical activity. She believes in the implementation of mandatory food literacy, nutrition education, cooking classes, food gardening and mindfulness at school, as well as smarter, national food policies to protect Canadians’ health!