December 14th, 2015
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ kg Basa or Tilapia filet
- 3½ tsp flax seed, ground
- 5 tbsp water
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh
- 2 tbsp crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Heat the water and ground flax seed in a small pan over medium heat until thickened (about three minutes).
- Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet or a glass dish and set aside. Preheat broiler.
- When the flax and water mixture is still warm but cool enough to put in your blender (please see note below), blend it with all of the ingredients, excepting the fish filets. Blend until the mixture is smooth and a uniform consistency.
- Place the fish filets in the cookware of your choice. Coat the fish with the blended mixture and broil until the crust starts to brown, and the internal temperature of the fish reads 165°F on a meat thermometer. (Fish should be opaque in center and just cooked through.) Do not overcook!
Real Food Tips:
- Personal experience compels us to remind you to put your blender’s lid on before you start blending. Removing the knob in the middle of the lid and covering it with a clean kitchen towel will allow ventilation for hot liquids, but avoid splatter.