January 24th, 2016
Makes 10 servings
- 3¾ cup frozen spinach
- 1¾ cup sliced onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp + ¾ cup sunflower oil
- 2 cups silken tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2½ tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Thaw spinach completely and squeeze out as much water as you can. Chop into 1 cm pieces if it’s not already chopped (it usually is).
- Over medium heat, caramelize the onions and garlic in a frying pan using the 2 tbs of sunflower oil (about 5 minutes), then set aside.
- Purée the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until silky smooth. Empty this into a mixing bowl.
- To finish off the dip, stir in the spinach and the caramelized onion and garlic. Voilà!
Real Food Tips:
- Keep this dip refrigerated, and use within 2-3 days.
- Choosing organic tofu ensures it’s made from GMO-free soy.
- If your kids aren’t fans of spinach, we’ve had success by calling this our Green Monster Dip!