June 1st, 2018
Summer calls for refreshing Watermelon Lemonade
Makes 8-10 servings
- 1 large seedless watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups of lemon and/or lime juice (this is approximately 6/7 lemons or limes)
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves (swap the mint for basil or add both!)
- 1/2 cup of ice (optional)
- Carefully chop watermelon into large chunks.
- Add watermelon and fresh herb(s), and freshly-squeezed lemon and/or lime juice into a blender – blend!
- Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, pour into a pitcher and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- To enjoy immediately, add ice cubes.
Real Food Tips:
- This refreshing drink is perfect for birthday parties, picnics, and a day at the beach.
Make a Watermelon Lemonade slushie by adding extra ice cubes to the blender.
- Pour this mix into popsicle molds for a nutritious summer treat.
Don’t worry parents, we didn’t forget about you – this Watermelon Lemonade is also super in cocktails, we’re thinking Mojitos or Margaritas!
• • • • • • • • • •
Recipe Provided By: RFRK’s Founder, Lulu Cohen-Farnell
As a real food advocate, speaker and fooducator, Lulu loves to share ideas on the magic of food, health, and physical activity. She believes in the implementation of mandatory food literacy, nutrition education, cooking classes, food gardening and mindfulness at school, as well as smarter, national food policies to protect Canadians’ health!