Makes 1 loaf (8-10 servings)
- 2¼ cups shredded green zucchini
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grate the zucchini into a large bowl (everything is fair game: zucchini shreds, juices, and end scraps).
- Add sugar, eggs, and oil, and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. This will be your wet mix.
- In another bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients (your dry mix).
- Pour the wet mix over the dry mix and combine well with the wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bread pan. Bake for about 45-60 min (until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out dry).
- Allow it to cool completely inside the pan. Heads up: this loaf is ultra delicate and will break if you try to remove it while it’s still warm.
Real Food Tips:
- Build up all your willpower when baking this loaf. It tastes even better if you can save it for the next day.
- Your kids may assume that this decadent loaf is chocolate cake. While we’d never encourage lying, we think it’s okay not to correct them all the time!